Tuesday 10 May 2011

Annecy International Animation Film Festival - Past Posters

Because I will be looking to create some print promotion resolutions I have looked at the past examples of posters for the festival. A different poster has been made for each year that the festival has run, so why break from tradition with my work. I want to create a range of different promotional material, but a good start will be trying to fit a poster into this years theme and to try and link it with my own animation.

These are my favourite posters over the 38 different festivals that have been held. Bearing in mind that these can be up to 50 years old so the style of some of them are a bit dated.









Each of the posters has some kind of reference to modelling or drawing, both of which are essential in animation. My poster will also have to have some kind of reference to animation to make it relevant to the festival itself. 
One interesting thing about each poster is that none of them have a set logo or branding for the film festival itself. This means that it changes every year to suit the poster rather than the other way around.
The website has this logo:


But I can't see it on anything else. 
This means that I can create a logo myself to fit the years theme or to fit the poster design. My favourite of the logos/type in the posters is the one directly above form 2007. The hand drawn look gives a Tim Burton feel to it and represents the idea of hand rendered animation really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment