Monday 23 November 2009

Work the Metaphor

Lee Gustin


On Lee Gustin's website I found this old poster that I really liked. The colours are quite strange and dont seem to work together too well, I think that the darker red should probably be replaced my another colour to make it more appealing and a bit softer on the eyes. However, I really like the bright pink font in the foreground.
The colour is vibrant and the font is large which makes it stand out immediately fromj the page. I also like the choice of font because it looks like that font you would see stamped down on a folder markd "Classified" or "secret" which dierectly relatesto the title "The secret life of the nude".
I also really like the blue colour which stands out from the page even though it's smaller than the majority of the text. It makes the date and the 2 names really clear and readable.
One of the best parts of the pister is the background image. It's just a really simple colour over one side of the white paper but in context it immediately looks like the contours of a nude body from just below the arm to the hips. This Is really good imagery and still kept really simple and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment