Tuesday 11 May 2010

Instructional Images

I found the image below while I was looking at some fire safety equipment to see if it could fit with the brief and thought that it could be an interesting way to take forward the instructional images.
It shows the fire safety code for schools with illustrations to make it clear what the point is. 
This is the same kind of thing that I would like to achieve but with much simpler characters instead of the shaded drawings below. 



The in-flight safety cards below show the kind of drawing style that I would like to use for my instructional images. I want to use really simple characters and objects to create the same kind of pictures, using directional arrows to suggest movement and people to represent the audience. 
I want to try and use these images in a funny way to attract the user with humour. 
I should use the images to convince the audience to save using the money box and to try not to spend money unless necessary. 








The below example is from the film 'Fight Club'. The characters in the film think that it is strange that on the in-flight safety cards non of the people are scared or panicked but all remain perfectly calm even thought they are very likely about to die. So to solve the problem, the characters create this new more realistic version and get one of their friends to replace all the cards in a plane with their new cards.
Although the idea is a really dark humour, it is the same kind of idea that I want to create. I want to change the whole feel of the seriousness and kind of corporate PC imagery. 




No comments:

Post a Comment