Thursday 21 October 2010

Brooklyn Fare







"Brooklyn Fare is a new, full service grocery store located in Downtown Brooklyn. The identity we created is very simple: one custom proprietary typeface (Fare Serif), four colors, and lots of witty copy. The text is useful in highlighting the store's diverse range of quality products and high standard of service, while at the same time presenting the customer with a bit of humor."


Pretty nicely summed up.
I'm not really into type but I can definitely appreciate the design. What I like the most is that they gave themselves a set of restrictions to work with while designing and it clearly paid off. I think that restrictions could stop a project from becoming lost in too many ideas and keep it focussed. This is definitely something to consider in my work as I almost always get sidetracked and confuse myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment